The Arrow

Filed under Student Life

What’s Poppin’?: November Edition

Back to Article
Back to Article

What’s Poppin’?: November Edition

Town Center Mall has a lineup of events for kids, pets, or youthful souls this month. The Annual Santa’s Arrival features Santa and his reindeer along with activities and giveaways. People will be able to snap a picture with him first on Nov. 3 from 6 to 9 p.m. You can still take a picture with Santa another day if you miss the first opening event.

See website for Pictures with Santa dates.

Pet Photos with Santa Dates:

Nov. 10: 8-10 p.m.

Nov. 12: 6-8 p.m. Click on http://www.simon.com/mall/town-center-at-cobb/news-and-events for more details on dates and offers.

For those who like to run or are interested in the medical career, the Etowah HOSA 5K Rainbow Run will be at Etowah River Park on Nov. 11. The lineup will be at 7:30 a.m. and the run will begin at 8 a.m. It costs $35 to participate, which comes with a T-shirt and refreshments. The run was organized by the Health Occupation Student Association which strives to get students interested in the healthcare field.

Also on Nov. 11, Downtown Woodstock will honor veterans in its own park with a candlelight ceremony. It starts at 7 p.m., and a coffee and donut social will follow.

The Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta has Tuesday Trivia Night every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the food court with prizes ranging from a $50 gift card to a $250 gift card.

On Saturday, Nov. 11, the Annual Tree Lighting will be from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in front of the food court with planned activities for all ages. Pictures with Santa and the Grinch will be free, and appearances will be made by other Christmas characters.

The Thanksgiving Night Pajama Party will be on Nov. 23, starting at 5 p.m. by the Nike store. Shoppers will be able to enjoy Black Friday deals and giveaways as they shop in their pajamas.

A calendar with special events at the Outlets can be found at https://www.theoutletshoppesatatlanta.com/events/ .

From Nov. 3 to Nov. 12, the Cherokee Theatre Company will be performing Over the River and through the Woods, a family comedy. Tickets are $18 for adults and $15 for seniors.

Fridays and Saturdays: 8 p.m.

Sundays: 2:30 p.m. Visit http://cantontheatre.com/calendar/ for more information.

From Nov. 6 to Nov. 15, you can enter in a contest to win a movie ticket by purchasing a meal at Squeast. Names will be entered into a drawing on Nov. 16, and three lucky winners will be chosen.

Listen to the announcements at school for results.

Sequoyah’s Cavalcade of Stars talent show will be accepting applications until Nov. 8. The event is open to singers, dancers, and musicians. Auditions will be held on Nov. 9 and the talent show will be on Nov. 16 at 7 p.m.

See Mr. Parker or Mr. Markham for more details on applications, ticket prices, and time.

The Cherokee County Aquatic Center (CCAC) has a competition all throughout November to see which lap swimmer can swim the farthest. Laps can be cumulative and are tracked by the facility. The winner gets an adult annual pass.

Nov. 25, the CCAC will be having its seasonal Once Upon a Dive-In Movie at 6 p.m. in the indoor pool. Floats will be available to use, but viewers are welcome to bring their own noodles or clear inner tubes. More information can be found at http://www.crpa.net/parks/aquatics-center/special-events-2/ .

November is anticipated to bring several blockbusters. From action-packed superhero flicks and important political statement films to Christmas comedies and mind-boggling murders, there is something for everybody’s taste—or rather sight.

Movie Releases this Month

Nov. 1: A Bad Moms Christmas

Nov. 2: Most Beautiful Island

Nov. 3: Thor: Ragnarok, Lady Bird

Nov. 10: Daddy’s Home 2, Murder on the Orient Express, Thelma, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Nov. 17: Justice League, Darkest Hour, The Breadwinner, Wonder

Nov. 22: Coco, The Man Who Created Christmas

Check online for reviews, ratings, and show times at your local theatre.